05 December 2012

Camera Museum

I nearly forgot about this.  Last June I went back to the camera museum (it was closed last time I passed by), which is located in Taal, around 150 miles south of Subic.

Taal is a small town with plenty of old Spanish colonial era buildings and a rather impressive church.  Located in one of these buildings is Galleria Taal, which is a museum of cameras and photography.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Now, whilst I tend to be somewhat cynical of the quality of attractions in the Philippines I have to say that this is very well done.  The house itself is rather grand, with gleaming hardwood floors and high ceilings, but if you're interested in cameras then there is an interesting and varied display to see.

Here are a few snapshots taken from my visit.

A (Very) Large Format Portrait Camera

...with a drawer containing the apertures.

A Captivating Portrait

Historical Photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment