05 December 2012

An Overview to Catch Up.

I've fallen somewhat behind with blogging lately, partly because of pressures of work and partly because I lose momentum and catching up becomes a bit of chore.

I now have a new project in the Philippines to look after and two more on the books to commence the middle of next year.  Added to this, I have also taken responsibility for at least one, if not two projects in Taiwan, which has necessitated my frequent travelling back and forth to that country.

I probably would have preferred to shift my centre of operations to Taiwan, being as it is a favourite location of mine and considerably more civilised than the Philippines, but the thought of all that upheaval to relocate for the sake of a two year project is just too much to contemplate at this stage.  I'm of the opinion that where ever I go next will be my final place of permanent residence so there needs to be enough work prospects to keep me going.

Since the boat trip and the Mt. Pinatubu hike last April my time has been spent with the following (illustrated with photos rather than words, where appropriate):

May

A fleeting visit to the UK (sorry to those I didn't get round to see) to organise various building maintenance work on the house and a short trip to North Yorkshire to visit some friends.
North York Moors in May

. . . . and when the weather improves.

Roseberry Topping

Whitby Bay Beach Huts

Staithes lobster Pots

June

A trip to kidnap central to close out the project in Mindanao. The good news is I should never have to go back there again.
The Finished Product
(it's straight, it's the photo that's crooked)

In late June it was a trip to Bangkok for a friend's 40th birthday party.  I'm not going back to Bangkok until they sort out the traffic there.  It's horrendous.

Birthday boy 2nd from left
He doesn't look a day over 50

July

A business trip, mixed with some R&R in Singapore.

Kev babysitting when he'd rather be quaffing champagne

At the end of the month a trip to Taiwan as part of my inaugural introduction to the new project I'll be taking care of there.
Taipei rush hour traffic

Taipei City from 101

August 

A long weekend in Hong Kong.



September 

Another trip to Taiwan, with mix of business and pleasure.  My sister and her boyfriend were visiting.

Kaohsiung Harbour

Early Tattooist

You on the Left: Lose the Face.

Moon Cake Everywhere

October

Singapore for business and to see my good friend Kev who is leaving Singapore to start a new job in Perth.


No comments:

Post a Comment