08 November 2011

Rambo - Missing In Action

Since arriving at this house in Subic I seem to have adopted the feral kittens (or did they adopt me), which are now fully grown cats with kittens of their own.

The original four were named Rambo, Sambo, Mambo and Dumbo - see here for an earlier blog about them: Blog about cats

Rambo was always my favourite and called Rambo because he was the boldest of the four.  Whenever I would relax on the hammock on the verandah he would always jump onto my lap and make himself at home, purring loudly and occasionally taking a friendly bite of my hands if I started to ignore him.  Meanwhile, all the others would keep a respectful distance.  Mambo has never liked being touched and if I tried to stroke her she would do a funny sideways dance in order to avoid my hand (hence being called Mambo).

Rambo

Sadly Rambo has now gone missing and hasn't been around for over a week.  I kind of worry about where he might be but there's not really much I can do.  At best my guess is he's been either catnapped as a pet for someone else or he's gone to somewhere else where the quality of the food is better or the other felines are more attractive.  

At worst, he's been killed and eaten by a snake, been murdered by the monkeys or got himself locked away somewhere.

Whatever it is, I hope it's the former and not the latter.

1 comment: