29 June 2010

Job's Done

The Finished Product
The project was completed at the end of last week and done 11 weeks ahead of programme.  Quite some achievement.  All done and dusted and handed over to the client.  Now it's just a matter of cleaning up and clearing off.  All of our tools and equipment have to be moved off site and placed in storage whilst we wait to see if there are any more contracts coming along.  There's talk of a chimney in Bataan, near Manila, that the company is supposed to be well placed to be awarded.  But it's only a small project and will only last for a few months.

Last weekend I was in Singapore and went to the company's head office at the behest of the directors.  They said they wanted to give me the first chance to go to India to do the projects for them there.  The way they worded it was like it was some fantastic opportunity and they were doing me a favour.  Truth is the place is even more rural and remote than here (there is no electricity - not just that it goes off from time to time) and I don't really fancy spending the next 2 to 3 years washing out of a bucket to the constant hum of generator in the background.  I suppose the food might be a bit better but if there's no electricity, how do you keep food fresh?

No, I think I'll be passing up the opportunity so once again I'm going to find myself changing jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment